Monday, September 04, 2006

this is vacation?

Ok, I'm back, I'm beat. But I'll say this for now:

I hate the word "freshly." As in, "salad, freshly prepared the same day." Or, "enjoy our freshly baked bread."

The scariest part of vacation was not the head-throttling roller coasters or the cost of a bottle of water or the way the bathrooms are hygienically, creepily automatic. It was standing in line for water rides with hundreds of wet skanky people in their ill-fitting bathing suits. Fat people, skinny people, pimply people...all joined together in a sea of pretty unattractive humanity. I mean, they'd brush up against you, wet, clothed--barely--in just their bathing suits. They'd holler over your head at Darnell 20 feet away, like you weren't even there. They'd be hustling their little tykes to the bathroom, smelling of a nasty poopy swim diaper. I mean, it was all way too familiar. I have to LIVE with this; why would I want to vacation with it?

Other than that, of course, I love water rides.

No comments: