Thursday, May 25, 2006

what's a gal gotta do?

I took to the highway (more accurately, a busy road) for part of my walk this morning. Usually the only people to travel on foot on this route look like guys who look like they've been passed out in their cars after drinking the night before, and woke up to realize they've forgotten where their keys are so they're walking home, wherever that may be--usually an unfurnished apartment over a rundown auto repair shop.

I had on black stretchy gym pants and a blue Nike workout T. And a Phillies hat. I hate hats. And sunglasses. Now, I don't cut a bad figure in my gym clothes, really. I mean, I'm nearly 6 feet tall, blonde, I'm fairly lean but not skinny...you'd think that I might be worthy of a passing wolf whistle. Just one. From front or behind, I don't care.

Granted, the sports bra pretty much pulverizes the girls. I'm not one to show off, and the sports bra understands this and does its job, mashing down my breasts to eliminate unsightly bounce yet creating cleavage that reaches my neck. So from the front, I guess I understand the lack of interest from passing truckers and building contractors. In fact, if they did honk, it would probably be just as a warning to other drivers to avert their eyes.

And the ass is nothing special either. Asses are probably the most ridiculous part of the human anatomy. I mean, everybody's got one, what's the big deal.

So I walked for 2 hours and not one wave, no honking, no yelling out the window...nothing. What, everybody's too busy talking on their cells and drinking their Wawa coffee to honk appreciatively my way?

I guess so. So to remedy this, I'm going to advertise the cause. Get me a couple of pink shirts and put the website on 'em. That oughta get 'em honking. Either that, or the buttless leather sport chaps I'll be wearing (made with microfiber, they wick away sweat!).

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'd bet money that microfiber chaps would sell well in certain neighborhoods in SF. Who wants to be sweaty when going out for a night of gay sex?

carey said...

Well, Mike, certainly not ME, but how about you? ;)

I think it's the word "wick" that bugs me, especially how often it's applied to women's undergarments. I mean, really, one more bodily function--crotch sweating--I don't need to hear advertised, you know?