Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ok, I'll play

Truly, I don't think anyone out there really cares about what I think, but this seems like a pretty good way to get stuff out of your system.

Took a nice walk today, followed by yoga. Feels good to get the kinks out. Hung some laundry out...I love hanging laundry out. It smells great afterward, and the smell lingers. One household chore I actually enjoy. In fact, there's another load waiting downstairs for its chance to fly.

That's what I was doing when I heard about the planes crashing into WTC. It was a beautiful, cloudless day. Perfect for hanging laundry out. My sister emailed me the news, and in the middle of her email exclaimed "holy cow, there goes another one." I felt my heart sink to the floor. Watched the news for a little bit to get a handle on what was going on, then...went outside to hang more laundry up. It was very, very quiet; I noticed no planes were flying overhead. Eerie and still and very strange. Only a hundred or so miles away.

Got a softball game tonight. We're "versing" Perfect Touch (not sure exactly what that is; I think it's a hair salon, but maybe it's a hulking team of anal-retentive masseuses.) Picked that one up from the kids, "versing" as a verb: to play against another team. Us "verses" them. Wonder if that's a local thing. Anyway, the chicks have yet to outplay the hen.

Guess I'll get to it. And hopefully I'll have more interesting things to say in the future.

No comments: