Wednesday, May 03, 2006

softball and shoes

Got socked in the jaw last night with an errant ball. My TMJ is making odd cracking noises now. Next batter up hit me on the thigh, left a bruise. If only I could CATCH the damn things. Had a last inning rally, but came up 1 run short of winning. Went 2 for 4, with the usual hard line drives to left. BTW, the game's under protest because the other team may have used an illegal bat. Again, with the illegal bats. Remind me to post the "sex and softball" conversation last year that all started with a meeting about illegal bats.

Why do I have to go to Zappos to get size 10.5 shoes? Look in a catalog; you'll see half sizes up to 10, then they jump to size 11 and continue on as only whole sizes, if they even go THAT high. Sure, my feet are big enough already, I certainly don't mind going up a larger size. You know what they say about how the size of a woman's foot correlates with...uh...um..the size of her OTHER foot, I guess.

My friends and I are walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk in October. 60 frigging miles. Check out the link. It's a good cause; Mar had it, beat it, but her SIL died from it earlier this year. Mar's pretty tough, it doesn't seem to faze her too much, but the idea that it might return must permanently take over a little portion of her brain. We're all a little horrified at the thought of camping out in the city with perhaps thousands of other women, vying for an alleged hot shower...and how on earth will they feed all these people? It makes me wonder how much of this money we're raising is put toward staging these events, rather than research.

Still, it's always fun to hang out with the girls, although I imagine after 3 days of walking and camping together without the benefit of liquor, we won't be needing a GNO anytime soon.

No comments: