Wednesday, May 09, 2007

psycho girl AND her mom are looney

My stomach churned last night as I thought about how I was finally going to approach the psycho girl’s mother.

After being told by the guidance counselor and the vice principal a couple of months ago to leave my son alone, she’s still at it, with the taunting and the teasing. Last night before their school concert, she was saying things to Boo, and he told her to just leave him alone. She said, “No.” No, she won’t leave him alone.

Before I went to school officials again--and believe me, I didn’t want to--I thought it might be best to at least say something to the mom. Maybe I wouldn’t have to say anything to school officials. Maybe she’d hear me out—as I think I would if someone came to ME and said, yeah, we’re having a problem with your son. I’d want to know what that problem was, and find out his role in it. Seems reasonable, right?

Problem is, I head for the hills when confrontation’s nearby. So last night, my heart was racing, my stomach churned, and hesitantly I planned a strategy, like I was about to invade a frigging hostile country.

I would be nice. I would not yell. I would not blame or point fingers. I would listen.

This morning I decide to run over there for just a few minutes before work.

Knock on the door. Mom opens the door, giving me dagger eyes.

Immediately I’m shaken. Wait, I’M the one with the beef. WTF. Don’t you give me dagger eyes, bitch.

“Uh, yeah, uh…(looking out into the street, trying desperately to be nice)…I, uh, know there’s some tension between our families.”

“Yeah. It’s more than that.”

“Well, yeah, I guess that’s why I’m here. Boo tells me that psycho-daughter said……”

Well, I didn’t get a chance to finish. She just laid into me with the same crazy delusional wave of shit that her daughter says to Boo: Being friends with us was “the biggest mistake of our lives,” she informed me. Her daughter has done nothing. My family is the tormentor of their lives. The dh is the town psychopath. Boo is close behind. We all need counseling. I’m delusional. The entire town thinks there’s something wrong with us. WE NEED TO STOP FOCUSING ON THEM!

In reality, we hardly ever even see these people; we’re not even around half the time with games and little league stuff. We don’t sit down and have discussions about them, which apparently they must do, because they’re all on the same script.

I really just couldn’t get a word in, so now, of course, she still doesn’t understand that her daughter is quite simply a bully. I was incredulous; I mean, I couldn’t even respond to most of what she said. She didn’t listen; she didn’t even hear me. It was one of the most bizarre, surreal experiences I’ve ever had with another human being.

So what’s that they say about fences being good neighbors? I’d say we need a walled fortress.

6 comments:

Kim said...

WTF is this woman doing? How can you say this to someone that stops by...scary! Carey, just keep writing about this, and before you know FOX will be contacting your for a TV pilot "Not Neighbors, Nuts."
Hang in there!

carey said...

Kim, is that YOU? How was your bday trip?

Confrontational and unpleasant...wow, the perfect combination for a reality show! Great idea! I like it!

Anonymous said...

Ah Carey, that sucks. I know it's too late now, but for future reference - bullies don't usually fall far from the tree. It's learned behavior. But, i guess you know that now. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Wish i could help.
H.

carey said...

It's funny, but a couple of neighbor friends told me they never liked her from beginning. I dunno. I'm just glad I can at least say I made the attempt to alleviate the hostilities.

Anonymous said...

I guess that in every state and in every town, there must be some sort of bitch/bully living in the neighborhood.

One of ours who lives right next to us thought I called them assholes when in fact I said action. One of my friends temporarily parked their car too close to the neighbor's garage, so I told them to move it. My reason being was that the neighbor's run a BBQ biz, and they have a lot of ACTION going on in and out of their garage. When my friend tried to explain that to OUR psycho neighbors telling them that I said ACTION, and not asshole, the guy jumped up, fists balled, saying, "Ah, I hate her".

Truthfully, I DO think the dude next to us IS an asshole, (and his common law wife, a bitch) but I did not say anything of the kind out loud. Hmmm....perhaps there is some sort of subliminal message being sent that I am unaware of?!?!?

Ya know Care, some people are always on the defense, just looking for a fight. I think that whether you were pleasant or not with this woman, wouldn't have made a rat's hair of a difference since she indeed, is psycho. True about those apples!

I know when it comes to your kid, it's hard to just laugh and shrug it off. However, as my dear Mommers used to say:
"consider the source!" Oh, that, and get your kid a can of pepper spray and a hardwood bat! JK ;-) Good luck! I feel your pain sistah!

carey said...

I knew she wouldn't listen to me, but I felt I needed to give it a shot. I don't think she's a bad person, just...delusional.

YOUR neighbors, well...they DO sound like assholes. All you can do is be nice and hope for the best.