Monday, August 14, 2006

girl's a looney

Ok, so the psycho nutcase 12-year-old girl-next-door has a dry erase board in her room, upon which something like this is written (I know this because J saw the board the other day while playing in the neighbors’ house):

“To describe the John Blankity-Blank family (meaning, MY family), I’d use words like
Gay
Idiots
Faggots
Not Cool
Retards
Ugly"


…And Many More!

Now, certainly, her thoughts are her own, and she can say anything she wants. I just don’t quite understand where all this vitriol is coming from. Remember, this is the gal who hopes we all perish in hell. The gal we’ve caught throwing stones at our house. The gal who bullies both my boys and spies on us from her bedroom window. What am I missing here? Why are her parents not, uh, concerned by this?

In my family’s defense, we’re not gay or faggots, at least, not yet. We’re not idiots or retards; hey, I’m a college graduate! And my kids are what people used to consider "gifted"--


(until parents of "non-gifted" kids got insulted and offended and demanded that everybody should be equal--even if that means taking away every advantage--real or perceived--that "gifted" students had..while their own kids apparently suffered from heaving bouts of low self esteem because they're not similarly "gifted,"--thereby making mediocrity a goal for all to aspire to)

--so I'm not sure what we're calling smart kids now. Academically enhanced?

As for us not being "cool”..in fact, many years ago, there was a gal I met up with years after we had played softball together in high school. We ran into each other at Maggie’s in Philly, after a Go To Blazes show. She informed me, albeit drunkenly, that back in our softball-playing days I was “cool before it was cool to be cool.” That’s perhaps the best compliment I’ve ever received. Or at least the only one I remember. And although "cool" is certainly a subjective term, I think research suggests it's genetic. My father was a lounge lizard and croons like Sinatra. So our neighborhood “Carrie” simply is misinformed about our family coolness quotient.

Which leaves the “ugly” comment. We are so not ugly. I can't even be bothered to defend that.


But I'm really left scratching my cool, smart, not-ugly head: what on earth is WITH this girl?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carey, looney is right. Does she still harass your kids? If so, I'd go for a restraining order and tell them what J saw. What is up with the parents? She has it writen on a board? For crying out loud - she's nuts and obsessed!

carey said...

Hi, Nancy! Yeah, it's a little creepy. When J was bringing a fridge into the house this weekend, she came outside and just...watched. Perhaps she has a crush on the dh, not my son!

E has to walk to the high school in September, so we'll see if she leaves him alone.

Anonymous said...

PeeWee Herman's saying would do well with this little loon...
"I know you are, but what am I?!?" ;-)