Friday, March 09, 2007

sit down, shut up and eat your princesses!

Now that I have this fun camera phone I can take stupid pictures wherever I go. Gee, I feel so...so...cutting edge.

I hate that term. That, and "paradigm shift."

Anyway, here's a cereal that unfortunately caught my eye.




Disney's Princess Cereal. Yum, sugar-coated flakes. Cindererella's coy, come-hither look and ever-so-slight suggestion of cleavage says she's ready for a little princess-on-princess action. Snow White, smiling sweetly as her hand fondles her own breast, is sniffing the pink rose--which, of course, is the princess cartoon icon equivalent of saying "hey, your pumpkin or mine?" Or "hey, I'll trade my 7 dwarfs for your regular-size prince." Or, "hey, can I lick your golden slipper?"

The Disney takeover of every single advertiseable object in existence really, really bugs me. All those little whiny 4-year-old princess wannabes out there, begging mom to buy some of this dastardly strawberry cereal--that I hear comes in a variety of shapes including castles, crowns, wands and roses--with 12 grams of sugar, the same as in a serving of Froot Loops.

Now, in case your little princess wants a different role model:



Hooray for the Detroit Shock women's basketball team! Whole grain, all business, with little added sugar. Thank goodness for Wheaties, because I'd never heard of you before!

No comments: