Monday, March 26, 2007

driving me mad

omigahhh, work at the cube farm is mind-numbing! An hour highway commute, rushing alongside others like me, at speeds well above 70 mph, applying makeup, drinking coffee, yammering on the cell, texting...I'm amazed that more people aren't constantly crashing their cars or shooting each other and dying on the highway. It's like a mad dance, people moving in and out...I always trying to leave a nice cushion of space in front of me and some moron ALWAYS gets in front of me and takes away my cushion. And the gas! It's just environmentally irresponsible to use all that gas. And then I get to the farm and I sit and read and write at the computer all day. I only get up to go the the bathroom. And to leave. And then back on the highway, this time the commute can be closer to an hour and a quarter, depending on how long the inevitable backup is leading to the N/S freeway, and I'm getting sleepy..so this is what I've been missing. }:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traffic? You wanna talk about TRAFFIC?!?
Hmmmm...I bet LA wins?!

Ah, I recall a commute I used to drive that was supposed to be MAX-20 minutes. Typically TO work, one hour (unless you left 5 minutes later, then it took and hour and a half or more!) FROM, about an hour and a half. One night, it took OVER 3 hours to get home (NOPE, there was no accident either!). That's when I decided to find another job.

Gas prices here are over $3.43...how 'bout youse guys? And road rage?? I truly believe that I have gone mad here in La-La land! And don't get me started on how many drivers don't know how to drive. Plus, if it barely rains, forget about it! I'd like to see them in a REAL rain storm (like the ones in FL or NY!) OMG! Of course if it gets lower than 70, most are bundled-up like "Nanook of the North"!! Ah....all for a piece of 'paradise' Hunh! }:-|

Anonymous said...

Yup, this is what you've been missing all right. Tell me it's not you putting make up on while you're driving. Even I don't do that! I have a friend who listens to books on tape while she commutes. Then you could add trying to concentrate on the book to your list of shit you're doing while you're driving!
H.

Anonymous said...

I am the one who takes away your cushion - in rush hour, there should be not more than 3' between cars. I hope you're not in the left lane - talk about road rage!

Oh wait, I am commuting in the other direction! well, word to the wise...beware the ford f-i-v-e h-u-n-d-r-e-d - why do they spell it out?