Thursday, November 09, 2006

J's bush opinion

I'll enjoy watching Bush twitch and spin in the refreshing democratic breeze that just blew in.

I was explaining yesterday to J about Rumpsfeld's resignation and how Bush has relied on his father's aging cronies to point him in the wrong direction. He weighed in with his own opinion about Bush:

"He's lousy and he's drunk and he can't walk around!"

Now, I don't know where he got that opinion. I've never actually summed up Bush's many shortcomings quite like that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

J's picture of Bush from 2 years ago still hangs in my kitchen, and will stay there until we get a new president. My mother recently visited, took one withering glance at the picture, and scolded:

"You're teaching him all wrong."

"What? I didn't tell him to draw that. He did it on his own."

"Yeah, sure he did."

"Sure! He doesn't like Bush. Lots of people don't like Bush. Is it so unseemly for a 7-year-old to create a picture depicting Bush as the devil? At least he didn't draw him as a big pile of shit."

She stormed off after that.

To be fair, here's J's picture of Dick.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty good likeness of Cheney! The Bush picture is also a striking likeness in its own way.r

carey said...

Yeah, that was from awhile ago too. He almost got that smirky smirk of his.

Sometimes I do feel a little guilty subjecting the boys to my ranting, but it goes away quickly.