Tuesday, November 28, 2006

bah-BUM

I think my boys have finally caught on to the fact that I'm a woman. When I'm playing softball, or most recently, basketball, they'll snicker and say "bah-BUM, bah-BUM, bah-BUM, bah-BUM"...

While I'm kind of offended by this, it's funny at the same time. I mean, my kids are looking--and laughing--at my tits.

That can be a bit of a problem, when my immature sense of humor intersects with theirs. E was watching Scary Movie 4 this weekend, and there's one scene in which Charlie Sheen's penis grows to immense proportions and out of control, propelling him out a window to the street below, where he appears impaled by it. I was on the puter at the time and happened to look out at the movie, and while it was a really, really stupid scene--every adult, mature bone in my body told me to stop watching this, this is stupid--E caught me laughing at it.

"Mommm! You think that's funny?!"

"Uh, no. No I don't."

"But you're laughing!"

"Yeah? So?"

"Well then you think it's funny."

"No. Just, uh, something here on the puter made me laugh."

"You thought it was funny."

"Whatever."

Hard to tell who's the child from that conversation.

No comments: