Monday, June 11, 2007

whack job


I heard the Sopranos series finale was last night.

Here's what I know about the Sopranos: the main mob guy was Tony. Little Steven was also in it, which doesn't sound like a very intimidating mob-type name. Not like Philip "Chicken Man" Testa (who inspired Bruce Springsteen’s song Atlantic City, which opens with the lines “Well they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night/Now they blew up his house too”) or Harry "the Hump" Riccobene, two real-life mobsters in Philadelphia. Apparently, one did not address Harry by his nickname, or his other nickname, "the Hunchback," without fear of some gruesome reprisal.

One other thing I know about the Sopranos: there's a Tony Sopranos pizza joint in nearby Deptford. There's gotta be some copyright infringement going on there.

Evidently, I'm the only person in the country who never saw one fuckin' groundbreaking episosde of the Sopranos. Not a one. The only reason I know it's over is because of this ridiculous hue and cry about how lame the last episode was. Waaaaah. Cancel HBO and get on with your lives, nitwits.

Nevertheless, I do feel a little out of the loop, and yearned--just a little--to get in on some of this hip mob action. How to do that now? Hmmmm. I know! I want a name! A mob name!

I was happy to see that anyone can get a cool mob name, and you don't even need membership. Mine's "The Butcher." What's yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Butch,
It's Twenty Eyes here, you know, "dreamboats" wife. It's about time you wrote something woman! If you're not watching Tony and the boys you could be writing!!
H.

carey said...

I wonder where the other 18 are located; they can't all be in the back of your head.

Yeah, I'm going through an incredibly boring streak.