Thursday, August 17, 2006

unaccomplishments

The boys have been away at camp this week, and for months I've dreamed about all the great things I would accomplish in their absence.

I was going to paint the trim in my living room. New brushed nickel curtain rods, purchased at least 2 years ago and now waiting forlornly in the basement, would replace these stupid, red, warped wooden rods I have now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Maybe paint the upstairs bathroom, which has needed painting for at least 5 years now. Put in a new heater to replace the one turned rusty from too much poorly aimed boy-pee.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I was going to finish the playroom while the boys were still relatively young; prep and paint the trim, get a rug, a new curtain and a couple of chairs.



I was going to complete the caricature of my niece and her fiance for their wedding reception and get it matted.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I would train for at least 15 and 12 miles, back to back days.

At the very least, I was going to shampoo the carpet.

Well.

They return tomorrow. This is what I've done.
















Oh, yeah. I also got a new fridge. It's cool. I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL what a parallel universe we live in Carey.

carey said...

So instead of just resigning myself to the fact that I would not accomplish anything and ENJOY the quiet time (read a book, go to the pool, shop)...I've accomplished nothing and berated myself and felt guilty about it. Typical female behavior!