Wednesday, August 26, 2009

head for the hills

Wow, I had no idea I could offend so many people with so...little. It's easy to lob those criticisms anonymously.

So I'll move on.

I'm getting ready to pile 2 big kids and 1 big dog into my big honking, gas-guzzling momvan and head to the Shenendo'h valley for some...well, I'd like to think it was R and R, ...if "R and "R" stands for "arrrrgh" and "arrrrrrrgue".

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be an excursion that is full of adventure and happy surprises. The boys will be nice and helpful, the dog won't puke in the van, the van will behave and get us to our destinations without incident.

Happy trails.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you only offended one person two times. Hope your trip to Virginia goes just as you've described. (the no dog vomit, car doesn't break down part anyway)
H.

Anonymous said...

I was one of the "offended" parties, although I'd say grossed out more than offended. I don't know who the second was. Regardless, anything written will get criticism, especially anything that involves the sawing of genitalia. IMHO, writers welcome all inputs as an opportunity to learn and improve. - Bob M.

carey said...

I agree, Bob. It's been interesting learning that some things that may not really bother women--because we know childbirth, although beautiful, is not pretty and not painless because we go through it--seem to resonate with men on a different level.

What my doctor said, in the middle of performing an episiotomy, is absolutely true. And while at first it was a little horrifying, it was so absurd that I quickly determined he was being morbidly funny. Better to go with that than worry about the outcome.