Sunday, May 03, 2009

clown vomit

I've been MIA for awhile.

Here's what's happened in the last, say, 3 months:

Son: hospitalized twice. Hold your phone calls, he's ok.

Ok. I said 2008 had been the worst year ever, but then, here's 2009, threatening to TOP it.

Now that I have these rather life-changing events in my rear-view mirror, I can try to devote a little more time to caustic comments about my colleagues, shopping, and cultural and political mores.

It's like waking up with a hangover, but I'll give it a try.

It's no secret I hate shopping. I hardly ever shop, and when I do, I generally hate it. But here's one more reason to hate it:

Every shirt out there for women looks like a big, poofy airbag that a clown threw up on.

Honest to frigging GOD, WHO designs this shit? A bunch of anorexic designers huddle around the table like witches. They take these giant, gauzy potato sacks, wrap the sleeves in elastic, creating these poufy michelin man sleeves, and then perhaps a string of elastic at the bottom, so the effect is rather like wearing a psychedelic trash bag ...oh for the love of GOD, I can't even DESCRIBE what these things look like because they're so ugly.

And you can SEE through a lot of these things. If you can get past the blinding colors and patterned rainbow vomit patterns, you'll notice that you can see bras and skin and everything underneath. So what do you do, wear a camisole? What's the point of wearing something light and gauzy if you have to layer it with a camisole beneath? Kind of eliminates the cooling effect of the cottony-poly-nylon whatever blend of the shirt, yeah?

BTW. Will SOMEBODY please make a short sleeve shirt that actually covers my bat wings? Thank you.

Jeebus, I hate clothes today. Nothing looks good on me. I'm too tall. And not skinny enough.

Anyway. Clearly I am way out of the fashion loop this year. And every year. And I suppose that's where I will stay.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, just like a hangover, this too shall pass....
I don't much like shopping either, fortunately, I wear scrubs to work and I have a ton of casual clothes. It only becomes an issue when I have to dress up for something, like, say, the memorial service I'm going to on Saturday.
H.

carey said...

Oh, no. Family? Friend?

Krissy said...

Now wait a minute Carey. YOU ARE TOO TALL? and NOT SKINNY ENOUGH? oh I beg to differ. Wouldnt it be a hoot if you or I or one of us 'amazons' got on that stupid "What Not To Wear" show. I would love to see them find something that fit me! And try, just try to find a extra wide size 12 high heeled suicide pair of shoes. Bring me a t-shirt and call me happy

carey said...

Krissy, you ARE exceptional. You'd think we would be used to it by now, but it still pisses me off. If I ever own my own clothing store I'm calling it Monkey Limbs.'

Anonymous said...

The memorial was for my great aunt and uncle who died within a few months of each other. We really went to see the kids. We saw them once or twice a year pretty faithfully all through our childhood. It was kind of sad for them but nice to catch up.
H.

Anonymous said...

I HATE shopping too. How does it get worse each year to find something to wear? This year makes me wish I had bit the bullet and done some shopping the last year or two. Now I am screwed. But here's what really gets me - I see women all over the place walking around in very nice and fashionable outfits - where is the SECRET STORE that carries normal clothes? Did we somehow get blackballed? Mar

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You can delete proof of a differing opinion, but it doesn't change that most of Gloucester County holds that opinion.