Wednesday, February 06, 2008

my house... is a very very very clean house

My rich friends gave me a gift yesterday, arguably one of the greatest gifts ever given to a busy woman:

Two cleaning ladies from Poland.

The joy of having the whole house clean at once is immeasurable. It's almost impossible to get it all done in one day, so I clean a room here, a room there, but they're never all clean at the same time. I'm constantly in a state of mess.

Yesterday, Yolanda and her friend fixed all that for me. Armed with cleaning supplies and knee pads, they went to work upstairs while I went out and got stuff done.

When I came home...oh! The glorious smell of bleach and lysol and method cleaning products greeted me at the door! The carpet so vacuumed, I lay down and created a carpet angel on it. The sparkling floors! The made beds! And the bathrooms almost made me cry. Or maybe that was the bleach. I don't know, and it doesn't matter.

I'd never had my house professionally cleaned before. It's a beautiful thing.

And then stuff will start to pile up again, and the boys and their stinky friends will come and mess everything up. The cat will shed, the dog will slobber, the dirt will find its way back. It always does.

But for now, I'll try not to spill anything. And everybody takes off their shoes before entering the house.

Thanks, ladies. Thanks, friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee, you're writing again.
Glad to hear you loved the clean house.
H.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we could do something truly useful for you Car - not often we get/take the chance to show how much our friends matter. Maybe that's because H wells up so easily?!

m

carey said...

Like a geyser!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I'm right here. I believe fountain is a more appropriate description than geyser. I don't shoot tears into the sky!
H.

carey said...

A fountain can shoot water up to the sky. Ok, how about, like a cloudburst? Like a torrential rainstorm? A giant firehose? You pick the metaphor.

Hell, a clean bathroom nearly brought me to tears, so. I shouldn't talk.